How to Choose a Lawyer for Social Security Disability in Waco
If you need to claim Social Security Disability (SSD) benefits, you’ll need to find a good Social Security disability attorney to represent you. These attorneys are practiced at working with the Social Security Administration and can guide your case from start to completion. While many lawyers are qualified to handle a SSD case, you need to find the best lawyer for you and your particular situation.
Here’s what you need to know when choosing a Social Security disability attorney.
Important Facts About Claiming SSD Benefits
- You can obtain legal representation at any time during the process of filing your SSD claim, but it’s best to get an attorney involved early on in the process.
- A licensed Social Security disability attorney is better able to manage all aspects of your case than a non-licensed advocate or representative. Attorneys have the training and skills needed to see a case to successful conclusion and are the only ones able to file appeals if your benefits are denied.
- Legal fees are regulated by the Social Security Administration (SSA) and must have the approval of the SSA before being paid. This means that you won’t find a wide discrepancy in fees in your area.
5 Questions To Ask A Social Security Disability Attorney During The Initial Interview
- Are you a licensed attorney? Licensed attorneys are the only ones capable of representing you before the SSA. While advocates can be used, they are not as effective as licensed attorneys and do not have all of the legal privileges or resources as attorneys.
- Do Social Security Disability cases make up the bulk of your practice? Social Security law is unique and complicated. Your best chance of winning your claim is to find a lawyer who specializes in SSD claims. These individuals understand Social Security law, know how the system works, and how to win cases.
- Do you have experience winning disability claims for my condition? Ask if the attorney has experience representing people who have the same medical condition as you. You want proof that cases similar to your have been won.
- How will you communicate with me? You want to hire an attorney who is accessible and responsive to your calls and emails.
- Who will manage my case? Will the attorney manage the case or will it be handed off to a Junior Attorney or Paralegal? Ideally, you will want to hire a Social Security disability attorney who will manage the case personally from initial filing to representation at the hearing.
Get Started With A Free Case Evaluation Today
If your Social Security claim has been denied, contact us at 1-800-749-3612 for a free case evaluation. We believe everyone deserves a second chance and would love to be the ones to help you obtain yours.